With a huge number of people browsing the internet with their mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. You have to reach these audiences to keep their attention. Making sure that your website a responsive mobile-friendly interface to ensure the visitors’ experience and not be turned off and move on another website. So, Convert WordPress Site to Responsive now by following this article!
One of the great advantage of making website mobile-friendly that you don’t have to use two separate domain names for your website to show a mobile and desktop version of your website. All you need is only one domain for your website for mobile and desktop. Which makes it much easier when updating any content.
It isn’t an easy process to make your website responsive for smartphone and tablet. Don’t worry you don’t have to use any CSS code! Besides, you will be needed some WordPress plugins. With the plugins described below, you can easily Convert WordPress Site to Responsive.
There are several methods to Convert WordPress Site to Responsive. Here we are sharing some of them that are commonly used!
1. Update WordPress to Latest Version
The latest version of WordPress is mobile user-friendly, so the first thing you can do is to update your WordPress to the latest version. Now, How to Check Your WordPress Version and How to Update it?
- First of all, Login to your WP admin panel and go to the dashboard.
- From the Left Sidebar of your WP dashboard, you will see an option titled “Dashboard”, click on it and you will see another option under it named “Updates”.
- Click on Updates, it will show you your WP version.
- If your WP is not updated to the latest version you will see there a notification to update the latest version of your WP.
- Update your WordPress from there to the latest version of WP.
If updating the WordPress didn’t fix your issue then try the method 2.
2. Update or Change your current Theme
Firstly, check your WP theme, it is updated or not. If your theme is not updated then update it to the latest version. Before updating your theme your WP must be updated to the latest version.
If your theme is already updated to the latest version or you updated it and didn’t make your website responsive then Change your Theme!
- You can install a theme from your WP dashboard, under the “Appearance” option in left sidebar then click on “Themes”.
- After going to Themes in your WordPress dashboard, click on “Add New” and choose a perfect theme for your site.
- Before Installing the Theme you should preview it, and that the theme is mobile-friendly.
- If it is a responsive theme then install the theme.
You can also buy premium themes from different theme creator sites. Try searching on Google for the premium themes and choose the best one and buy it.
If this method also didn’t work then you must try the method 3. Method 3 will work no doubt on that!
3. Use a WP Plugin for mobile site
There are so many plugins but which is the best? Read our article about Best WordPress Mobile Plugins for making a website responsive!
In this post, we are talking about the WPtouch plugin.
WPtouch is the most popular plugin and millions of people already using this plugin to make their website responsive to mobile devices. It features “Infinity Cache” and WPtouch themes, which will help your website to fast quicker than average site loading speed. All images are scaled without doing any CSS coding and it is mobile optimized for visitors.
WPtouch plugin ideal for those who want to make sure both desktop and mobile user experiences well! There so many options in that plugin for you to choose the best one for your site including an e-commerce site, which will need coding. This plugin has both free and pro version, the pro version has more features available than the free version.
The free version of this plugin is available on the WordPress plugin repository. If you want to go with the pro version of WPtouch for more themes and features. The pricing of it starts from $59/year. If you want to use WPtouch pro for multiple website support then visit the WPtouch website and see the pricing.
Switch your website to a responsive website as soon as possible because you are losing your rank, customers, visitors, etc. This can be a huge loss to your business. It is very easy to switch to a mobile-friendly website. Also, a mobile-friendly site makes your site load faster.
The step number 3 will fix your problem but the above two may not fix your problem. So, you can try method 3 (step 3) to make your website responsive to mobile devices!