Table of Contents
Looking for How to Remove Password on Windows 10? If you do, then this post is for you. Removing the login password from your PC is a bad idea. But you can do it if you PC in your home and no one touches it. If that is right, then why you are not removing it.
You can remove the password of your PC with Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home. Because professional use W10 Pro and the PC in your home should be operated by W10 Home. In this case, no one uses your computer without you.
We recommend you to use a password, there should be a password, as well as a PIN, or biometric authentication. If your PC is lost, then it will help you secure your stolen PC. However, if you are free from that risk, then you can remove windows 10 login password.
You also reapply the password on your PC by following the same method. So, if you are risk-free from that then remove your password by following our procedures below. Learn more about Windows 10 on Wikipedia.
How to Remove Password on Windows 10?
So, this procedure and remove your login password easily. Also, see the images provided below to get the concept clearly.
- Firstly, click on the search button of your PC (located at the bottom left corner of the screen). Search “netplwiz“, run the program.
- Now, a new window will open, where you will see your windows’ user account and many password controls. At the top of the user’s list, you will see an option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer“. Uncheck that option.
- Now, click on the Apply button, and it will ask you to enter your current password. Enter the password correctly and click on OK. From the next time, you won’t need a password to open your PC.
That is the procedure on How to Remove Password from Windows 10. Read the process and do it on your PC.
If you enter the wrong password when doing this. On restarting your PC, you may see an error message. Also, you will see two accounts, both are identical. You have to log in using your password or PIN. Once you are logged in run the “netplwiz” again and enter the password correctly.
How to Automatically Sign in on Windows 10?
If you are the only one user of your PC then it is a good idea. But if you carry out your laptop outside, then it is the worst idea to automatically sign in. This automatic sign will give access to anyone.
So anyone can use your PC with or without our permission. In this case, if your PC is only used by your trusted peoples such as your family members, then it’s okay. Follow the guide here to do so!
If you really want to automatically sign in, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, do the process described above, click here to learn that.
- After that, go to the Start menu and click on the “Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts” option then choose the “Sign-in options”.
- Now, in that window, you will find the “Require sign-in” option.
- Set it to “Never”.
How to Remove password on a Microsoft Account?
To remove the password in a local account on your PC, you should follow this process.
- Click on the “Start” and go to “Settings”.
- Then click on the “Your info” option.
- After that, click on “Sign in with a local account instead” (located under your profile information).
- Now, type in your “Current password” on your PC and click on the “Next” button.
- At this time, create a new username for your account and click on the Next button without typing any password.
- Finally, click “Sign out and finish”.
That’s all, you just removed the password from your Microsoft account only on the local device. It will let you sign in automatically without any password!
How to Remove Windows 10 Password for a Local User?
If you want to remove the password for a local user, then follow these procedures. If it is enabled you will not need any password or PIN to sign in to your Windows account.
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Go to, “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Accounts”.
- Now, click on the “Sign in” option.
- After that, under the “Password” section click on the “Change” button.
- Then type your “Current password” and click Next.
- In “Change your password” window, leave empty ‘New password’ and ‘Reenter password’. And click on the Next button once.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button.
That’s all, now that the user will no longer need a password to login to Windows 10.
If you want to turn the password protection again then you have to check the mark, that’s all. Follow that procedure again and do it. So, if this article helps you then share it with your friends and tell them how this article helped you.
If it doesn’t work on your PC then reboot your PC and try it again. However, like our FB Page to get more helpful content updates from our website.